Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stink Balls !

Yesterday I kept smelling mothballs and wondered where the smell was coming from. Turns out the new neighbor has placed them all over his yard, hundreds of them! YUCK! No wonder my legs have been tingling, heart skipping, feeling whoozy and feeling that 'chemical sore throat' (a type of sore throat I get when exposed to things like frags and chemicals) has been bothering me for days! Haven't been able to sleep either.

My husband has been vomiting and feeling very bad in other ways too. Another symptom of benzene /napthalene toxicity! YUCK.

Seems he placed these all over his yard to keep the cats out. Seems to me there are safer things one can use to do that! These stink balls aren't safe for humans either and I thought most people were savvy to that fact. Besides, who ever would want their place to smell like mothballs?! You can smell it a block away and I'm not kidding. I also live right next store to the smelly place. YUCK.

I tried to tactfully talk to him about this and let him know how we were all sick from it. You think he cared? Ha. He was more concerned about how I was bothering him by talking on the phone on my back porch. Seems he has supersonic hearing...

YUCK and ARGH


Moth balls are environmentally unsafe!
Benzene can irritate the eyes and nose and cause severe headaches, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Prolonged or repeated exposure can cause liver and kidney disease. Store mothballs in a tightly sealed container well out of reach of children and pets. The fumes from mothballs can cause respiratory problems, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services identifies benzene as a carcinogen

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Wild Canary said...

PS...I know Dr. Wisenhiemer, too!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Zona said...

Ya do huh? Don't think he's posted on his blog for a while. Good grief! Is it CFS or what?

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home