Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Weird Brain Hiccups?

Ok ya so I know i have cfs (fm and mcs too) but boy does my brain tilt sometimes.

Have you ever been sitting there not thinking of a thing when some phrase of a song comes floating through your head? Well I do that frequently it seems. So tonight what do I hear in my head???

-------(hum along) "Get out the way for Old Dan Tucker , You're too late to come for supper ..."

What gives with that? I doubt I've heard that since we sang it when we were kids! Ha.

So for your convenience I have posted the words :)

Old Dan TuckerI come to town the other night I heard the noise and saw the fight
The watchman was a-runnin' roun' Cryin' Old Dan Tucker's come to town

Chorus
So get out the way for Old Dan Tucker
Get out the way for Old Dan Tucker
Get out the way for Old Dan Tucker
He's too late to come for supper

Old Dan. he went down to the mill
To get some meal to put in the swill
The miller swore by the point of his knife
He never seen such a man in his life

Repeat Chorus

Old Dar Tucker was a fine old man
Washed his face in a frying pan
Combed his hair with a wagon wheel
Died with a toothache in his heel

Repeat Chorus

alternate version verse and chorus

Tucker was a hardened sinner,
He nebber said his grace at dinner;
De ole sow squeel, de pigs did squall
He 'hole hog wid de tail and all.

Gran' Chorus.
So get out de way! Get out de way!
Get out de way! Old Dan Tucker.
Your to late to come to supper.

So do weird songs come floating through your head? What was one ?

zona

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home