Tuesday, April 03, 2007

It's Easter Soon !

Easter time snuck up on me this year ! Here I thought we were weeks away yet only to find out it is this sunday already. How time flies when you're laying in bed, huh?!

I could easily whine about the tremendous brainfog and fatigue I've been having these last several weeks but instead I wish to think about spring, and Easter...

Besides bunny rabbits and cute little chicks, eggs all decorated in pretty shades of pastels I think of children's giggles as the hunt eggs and chew on jelly beans.

I think of the newness spring brings. Flowers poking their noses through the soil. Birds chirping in my trees. Mostly I think about the new life our Saviour gives, the reason we celebrate Easter - His sacrafice and Resurrection.

This year I wish to stop a few minutes and ponder not only the spiritual aspects that salvation brings but also what that means to our bodies and souls. How thankful I am that I do not have to be perfect in myself. I don't have to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. And I don't even have to carry the weight of my own failures, shortcomings and sin. He daily carries my burdens.

Because He lives I can face tomorrow----

How happy I am for I know that My Redeemer Lives !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home