Sunday, June 11, 2006

Singin' the flat down blues

It's weeks like these when I wonder how many ways are there to count spots on the ceiling. Like a clutzy ballerina gliding on a banana peel during an earthquake I felt the floor slide under my feet as my body tipped backwards meeting the floor squarely on my backside with a thundering thud. I knew right then this was not going to make for a very good week. I was doubly sure when I needed help getting up off the floor.

The rest of the week has been mostly spent trying to perch on the bed without mattress coming into contact with much injured tailbone-back. I had no idea how many muscles are used in coughing and sneezing. Yes sir re, your talebone is definately engaged in doing those things. Forget manuvering from a laying to standing position. I also discovered how many things it is possible to pick up off of the floor with your toes. Bending just won't do!

Days before this happened I started experiencing a bit of stomach upset complete with nausea. Slapping backside into floor does not help stomach. I decided to try suffering in silence - ya right! - well sort of silence anyway. I mean just how much and how often can one sob and whine anyway? The real problem though was what to do with myself during this down time. Everything hurts.

I got the bright idea that I'd think of some more ideas for a couple cute comics. Somehow my creative humor evacuated as the black and blue appeared. My husband suggested I'd injured my 'thinker' as he always suspected. Ha. I pondered drawing a toon of him with a black eye. I guess being creative will just have to wait until another day.

So what do you do when you can't do anything? Can't even sit at computer. Heck can't even lay at computer - laying hurts! Turn on the tv and pray some grand oldie is on, you know that type that you can watch over and over and never get tired of it. Nadder with husband. Watch the cat find weird positions to sleep in on the bed. Dream. Ya that's the ticket. I'll be a director of some terrific script I write in my head as I go and pretend I'm Howard Hawks ! Lights! Camera! Action!

...only in MY film I'm going to make sure I have a body double to take the spills!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home